The average household spends more than $1100 staying warm during the winter. This cost continues to go up each year. In Texas, with our hot summer weather your air conditioning costs also continue to increase.
You can lower your heating and cooling costs by 2-5% for every 1 degree lower you set your thermostat; easily saving yourself more than $200 a year.
Everyone is ‘going green’ these days. What does that mean for you and your home? There are a few easy steps you can take to not only stop climate change, but also save money on your energy bill. Providence Electric can help you make the needed improvements that will make your home or office more energy efficient .
Saving Energy Saves You Money
- Install a programmable thermostat that allows you to set different schedules for weekdays and weekends. Many models have additional program schedules for heating and cooling. There are also models such as Honeywell’s Prestige 7 Day Programmable thermostat that can be controlled remotely by your smart phone.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) instead of incandescent bulbs.
- Inspect, clean, or change your heating and air conditioning system’s air filters each month to maximize efficiency and keep your costs down.
- Even when they are turned off, today’s electronics continue to draw electricity we pay for but don’t use. Use a smart power strip that senses when appliances are not in use and cuts phantom energy use. High-tech sensors know when you shut down the main device and they cut off everything else.Using a smart power strip can save up to 72% of the energy your systems use, eliminating 640 lbs. of CO2 per year and offers state-of-the-art surge protection.